Saturday, June 12, 2004

What the hell?

Raisin smuggling? Smuggling raisins?? what are you talking about?

too much is going on. And it is hard for me to get to the computer to fill you in on a more regular basis. But I am trying, bear with me.

So:

1) Uncle is in the hospital. He's the only elder I have left, really, but he's 83, and I think that he's ready to be done, now. He's old, and tired, and lived a full life. He has been independent for so long, and now he is almost completely dependent on other people, for almost anything. It hurts his pride, tremendously, and all we can do is just wait for him to die. It is moments like this that I really wish, honestly, that there was some way to help him go. I'll probably catch a lot of shit for this, but I don't give a hairy damn. At this point it is a waste of effort and resources keeping him here, and I know he agrees with me, so don't look at me like that. But because the religious groups are the controlling power, there is nothing we can do but wait. And I hate to see him just deteriorate like this.

If I can think more coherently about this, I may write later.
And by the way, don't comment if you are just going to say nasty things to me about my feelings on the situation. No, wait. Go ahead and post nasty things. It will just give me something to really scream about later. You have been warned.


next:
2) Space Ghost is on tv right now! NOT Space Ghost Coast to Coast, but the old school cartoon, the real thing! wow... (1966, I never would have guessed...) I always loved this cartoon, and frankly it kind of pisses me off that there are people who think that the C2C is the only way Space Ghost has been or will be.

3) the rent fiasco.
Due to another long story I don't feel like typing, someone from the office at Dr. Nick's apt. came by on Wed. (or was it thurs?) Just walked in, just as Scooter (Rider, from before. another story. I know.) reached to open the door. This lady said oh, we didn't know anyone was still here. Scooter said yes, Dr. Nick still lives here, and I just moved in because the other guy finally left. The lady said oh, well, we had this apt. noted as a possible skip.
When Scooter relayed this info to me on Thurs at work, I just about came unglued. I had paid the rent on the 3rd, and I know they got it processed immediately (and I mean the same damn day) because I got an overdraft fee for it because my paycheck didn't arrive until the next day, and I was like $10 short for his rent. So you see why I was spoiling for a fight, wanting a head on a stick like a tiki torch in my front yard...
So today (fri) we get up early, leave by 9 A.M. to go to the bank and get a copy of the processed check to prove to these damn fools that I paid them and that they took it. We leave the bank, call the guys to tell them we're on our way, and we make the apt office by 10, I think.
I don't like the people in his office. Bunch of empty headed disorganized egg-faced nimrod women. The four of us walk in, each one of us ready and willing to verbally throw down with these paper pushing moron office monkeys. I take that back, it's an insult to monkeys. Anyway, I think that our collective mood was easily detected, and it didn't take a lot of work to get the situation sorted out. They decided that yes, the rent was paid, and on time, and that they were just confused as to which apartment they were supposed to be looking at. so the guys settled a little bit of further business with them, and we went on to breakfast. We went to Jimmy's Egg; I highly reccomend it. Fabulous food, great prices.
Oh, and the lady at the bank was fabulous also, super kudos to her. She was very helpful and friendly AND she refunded the overdraft fees that resulted from the rent check going through that day. She rocked, and we told her so. Go bank girl.

4) the sparrow at work.
I'll tell you this story later, there is already plenty for today.

5) The Jungle Book: the book vs Disney's animated character assasination - I mean, movie.
I won't start on that today. I'll save that for a day when I have nothing else to write about and feel like getting all wound up and pissed off.