Monday, June 21, 2004

by the way

The Princess Bride is one of the greatest movies ever. If you don't agree, I have some suggestions for you.
But what is it, exactly, that makes it so wonderful?
The costumes are fabulous. The sets are beautiful, even if some of it is obviously fake. The music, though extremely simple and synthesized, works so well. I can only guess that it is the whole experience, the sum of the parts.
btw, has any one ever noticed that Buttercup's hair changes through the movie? Watch, it's kind of interesting.

btw, I signed up for Gmail if anyone still needs an invite.

btw, I suck; I missed Ninsi's mail about lunch by hours and hours.

btw, my cat's name is Bella Speck; my brother, Dr. Nick, calls her Danger Cat; we sometimes call her Ninja Girl because she does that window ninja thing; other wise we just call her Meow-Meow; she is incredibly smart and a stinker. She prefers Meow mix. She prefers to drink from a mug or a cup, not a bowl. She loves to chase small flying things, but when faced with a medium sized moth, she's not really sure what to do. We spend money on official cat type toys; however, she prefers the rings off of milk jugs and a tiny plastic mouse figurine out of a quarter machine. She loves catnip tied up in a bandanna.

btw, did you know that there is no cent sign on a keyboard? does it not exist anymore?

btw, Scooter/(Rider) had a nickname, but for some reason didn't tell me about it until recently: he is sometimes known as Tinker/ Tinkerman. So.

btw, I plan to put up a list on the sidebar sometime soon so that you know who is who in my postings. As soon as I figure it out.

btw, I don't think I like this abbreviation, but it is easier than typing the whole thing. I suppose.

someday I may tell you things about me. more important things than what I think about politics or the weather or movies or books or music or the media or the war or food or wine or anything. Things about me, and the way I work, the way I think, the way i feel... because I am a leo and therefore it is all about me.

btw, I miss having rice cakes and peanut butter as a snack. I miss the days when people thought I was just so damn weird because I ate rice cakes and salad and drank water instead of plastic fruit roll ups and twinkies and fake juice. it pisses me off to think that all those little bastards that gave me shit for what I liked are now all so damn hoity-toity about eating these things now. Assholes. Sorry little bastards. I hope their lives are empty and unfulfilling, just the way I figured they would be. Not that i truly care, you understand; I just want to be right about this in my own head. That's the only place it really matters, anyway.

I guess that's enough of that.