Monday, June 07, 2004

Hello, boyos

Did you miss me? Apparently not, from the lack of comment love... sigh.
Don't you even want to know what happened? Why I wasn't posting, just when I was getting on a roll?

Of course you do.

So I'll tell you:

Wed. afternoon, at about 2:30; a really good storm was blowing through. And I mean really good. The sky was almost black, the clouds were grey against it and moving so fast. The power kept flickering; going off for just long enough to be off and then coming back on, and then at about 2:45 or 3, just as we were getting to see on tv just what was going on (you know how you have to wait for the tv to get itself together after you turn it on) the power went out. Like completely off.
I thought seriously about not going to work.
But work, of course, says they are just under T-storm warning, come on in.
Bastards.
So I go to work.
I come home, thinking about a nice hot shower, and there is still no power. But there is still hot water in the tank, hurrah.
No power the next day, when I get up.
grr.
go to work.
come home, still no power. Go to brother's apt. for showering things. go home.
Get up next day and..... still no power. Luigi is SO not happy; misses sweet electronic nectar.
Do stuff. Go to bed.
Wake up at about 6, 6:30 thinking "crap. we left the closet light on." get up. Turn off misc. lights and tv, go back to bed.
Wake up later, revel in the sweet circulating conditioned air, and hear Luigi happily poking box, killing things and watching tv.
Think about how quiet it was with no power.
Think about how nice it was, in a way.
Think about how it brought to mind childhood memories of so many things.
Wonder if power returning was a good thing.
Wonder how fridge will smell after so long with no power.
Get up, pay electric bill.
Think some more about using it less.


This, of course, is the short version.
I may fill in with more detail later.

Definetly after sleep, however.