Monday, May 24, 2004

no nifty title

ok. here we go, another multiple-day post.

Speck is in heat again, oh boy. We have GOT to get her fixed, she has the most terrible yowl: she sounds like she's drowning, or in pain, or something. I know she's really ok, but it's horrible and distracting and damn annoying.


Congratulations to Jess and the Rev on the boy fish!! Here's hoping the ultrasound comes out to be correct!


this was a long weekend; it ran like this:

Thurs.nite/Fri.morning to Sunday nite/Mon.morning
I left work, and ended up not sleeping so I could take the car to be serviced(this was supposed to be an oil change and tire rotation, around $35. ended up being like $65. Bastards.) and that was at around 10 AM. then Luigi and I went to get Dr. Nick's house key to house sit for a while -- but about 10 minutes after we got there, he called and said never mind, so we left. But we took his key with us, and so he called at about 9, when he got home. I was sleeping, but woke up when the phone rang. So we went to take him his key, and he ended up coming back with us. So we watched a movie called "Equilibrium" which kicked so much ass I can't tell you; JUST WATCH IT. REALLY. If you thought the stuff in the Matrix movies was cool at all, you *must* see this. and then we went outside so Dr. Nick could smoke, and there was a garter snake on the sidewalk. He picked it up to put it in the grass, and it wriggled like a nightcrawler. I picked it up, and it calmly wrapped itself around my fingers and wove in and out, and around my hand, and was perfectly calm and tame. I've never had one do that. It was so cool... I hung around outside for a while, just being with the snake. After a bit, I put it down on the walk, and it just sat there, looking at me. It only moved when I touched it again, and it went on down the walk to the grass in a leisurely way. So I went inside and then we watched... umm... I forget. Luigi is asleep, so I can't ask him...well, anyway, I'll tell you tomorrow. but by that time , it was late, so we went to bed. Dr. Nick woke me up to take him to work at 10:45, and then I was up. Luigi and I then decided we wanted to go swimming (yay! swimming!) but we had to go buy him swim trunks, since he has lost enough weight to make his shorts just slide off him (dammit) and that was a trip to Target, and then to Sears. And then we swam (yay!) and then I laid down on the floor to have a nap in the sunbeam coming in the window. Mmmm... and just as Luigi snuggled down with me, and I mean just as, The God of Biscuits and Other Good Things called to ask if Luigi was coming over already for the card flopping. So he was up and on the way pretty quick. I got up and dressed and took myself to the park again. Ahh, I love Woodward Park. I stayed there for about three hours, doodling and just lying in the grass, walking in the rose gardens, and watching fireflies. Fireflies are great, don't you agree? I can see how a field full of them would inspire tales of fairies and magic etc...
When I got home, I ate the last of the chicken alfredo that I had made on Friday, after we went through the car servicing adventure. (It was really good stuff. I was quite proud.) and then Luigi came home, and... again I've lost a couple of hours. we did something... anyway,we ended up lying on the living room floor, watching cartoons, and fell asleep. We woke up sometime into the morning and moved to the bedroom. I got up at about 10/10:30, and didn't get anything done. Not a bad thing, just hanging around... Dr. Nick called at about 2:30, i think, and we went to Don Pablos for lunch things with the Beautiful Cari. Afterward Dr. Nick helped me pack up some stuff from Jamestown (fish tank, My Little Ponies [I love these things] etc...) and I took him home. When I got home, Luigi was making dinner, and just as it was ready, The Princess Bride came on tv. It was wonderful. And then it rained, and that was good too.

and that is the short form of the weekend. It was good. Just plain good.