Friday, November 26, 2004

ha ha!

I snuck past the blogstapo and phlome -- I'm not booted from the webring, ha ha ha!
ok, I'll be good.


Guess what I did for Thanksgiving.
go on, guess.

Ready?

Nothing.
that's right, I did nothing. I stayed up until noon, then slept until seven. It was good. Since then, we have not left the apt, nor have we put on proper clothes. We have been grazing on the spiral cut ham that we bought at 4 am on Thurs. and extra sharp cheese and these rolls that came in one big wheel... it is good. Right now, Luigi is building a nice little fire in the fireplace, and I think we will just lie around, read some books, maybe sleep some more... this is my idea of a holiday. No stress, good grazing foods, just a call or two between family members. No dressing up, no stressful cooking frenzy, no having to be places or do things. Just relaxing.

And, just like everyone else:
What I am thankful for.
  • The ability to walk under my own power, without difficulty or pain. This is a great pleasure to me.
  • a decent job. not the best, but definetly not the worst.
  • good friends.
  • family.
  • Danger Cat.
  • My best friend, my boyfriend -- Luigi.
  • My storm-colored car, Fiona.
  • decent hair.
  • reasonably good skin.
  • Smarties.
  • Chocolate.
  • Margaritas.
  • graham crackers.
  • seasons.
  • Futurama.
  • Boondock Saints, etc...
  • Roe Vs. Wade
  • The right to assemble
  • Freedom of speech
  • internet access
  • my table! (oh, my table...)
  • pens and paper (mmm, office supplies....)
  • books and books and books
  • warm blankets
  • good socks
  • the extra weight I carry, which means that I have plenty of food all the time
  • clean, drinkable running water
  • the fact that as a woman, I can vote and work and hold my own money and property; continue in this vein...
  • good genes, that gave me a good strong body
  • chrysanthemums

I also think that if you haven't already, you should check out Red's page and the poem/list she has there. I think she's got it right.

ok, I guess that's enough for now. I'll try to get back to this later. Phlome, thanks for missing me this time around. I'll be good.