Tuesday, September 21, 2004

May it please the jury...

I must begin with the defense of Ninsi's honor -- indeed, ladies and gentlemen, it was not her leopard print bikini underwear that was on sideways on the night in question. I am sure that whatever print or cut her underwear was that night, it remained properly oriented throughout the proceedings.

Now. On with the show:

It only takes me about 3.5 to 4 hours to make Draco's new digs from my home. This is with all the stopping for traffic lights (on the highway, no less!) and slowing down to go through small towns... I may take a different route next time, with similar results, I'm sure.
There was no spanking for Draco's festivities, probably only because few people had the brain cells functioning to remember or the motor skills to perform said feat. There was much stupidity, however. Mostly of the sitting-quietly-in-a-corner-contendedly-staring-at-the-crowd kind. There was a lot of that, and it was fueled in part by the Old Hippy Network that Draco has managed to fall into. May I say, Wow? Oh yes, I may, and I did. More than once. There was also much drinking. And eventually people filtered out, one by one and two by two, and then there were only five or six of us. And I had the itch in my hands to read cards. I had known this was going to happen, I had looked for my deck before we bailed out of Tulsa -- but they hid from me quite expertly, and remain hidden at this very moment. I ended up borrowing Draco's girlfriend's deck; it worked just fine. The cards were beautiful, if unfamilliar. And I discovered -again- that I don't read well for men, at all. I don't know why. It just doesn't flow as well. And then it was time for unconciousness.
We awoke to a room much brighter than we are accustomed to, and the smell of sausage cooking. We got up after a while, and came out to biscuits and gravy - quite good! And after a bit, we got directions from Draco & Girlfriend, and we went out into the sunshine.
We got a bit lost looking for the tattoo parlor they reccommended, but we weren't in a hurry, so it was ok. We found it, and the guy was good. Then we went across the street to that comforting familiar place, a QT, and discovered that the beer cases were locked. So we just went down the street a very small distance and went into the liquor store that was open. There we bought beer, and the hunt for food was on. We ended up eating at a place whose name is familliar, but I cannot now bring it to mind... we don't have them in Tulsa, anyway. But it was funny, in a way, because we ended up in a place that serves food just about exactly like where Dr. Nick works... the next stop was for lottery tickets, where we discovered that the debit card Luigi had in his wallet did not work. Lucky for us, Dr. Nick was funding this expedition, or we would have been in a sore spot of trouble. Or so we thought. Once we made it back home, we discovered that the functioning card was in my wallet. In my backpack. In the trunk.
Ha ha ha.
Oh well. Dr. Nick said he'd hook me up if he won... he will definetly have the room to spare some. the Jackpot was at about 95 million. That's right, 95 million. How 'bout them apples?
Of course, he still has to win it...
But i can dream. It gives me something to do at work.

Anyway. That's enough for now. We'll see how things are on Wed. or so.