Saturday, July 03, 2004

WAFFLES!

Last night, Luigi and I went to Sears and bought a blender with a spigot on the bottom of the pitcher (man, this is cool! No drippage, no wrestling with the full & heavy pitcher...) and a kick-ass coffee maker: this thing has no pot; it has a tank that holds like 12 cups of liquid, and a timer, and it dispense the coffee, folks. You put your mug under the tank and it presses the button and hey, presto! it pours coffe into your cup. I love this.
AND..
Luigi bought me a waffle maker.
I know, you probably think this is anti-climactic compared to the other items. But I HEART WAFFLES in a stupid way, and I've been wanting one for a long time. So today, we got up and I was going to make waffles, and Luigi was going to start the coffee maker; but we discovered that we needed a few things from the store to make all of this work properly. We needed oil for waffles, and vinegar to clean the coffee maker, so it was off to the Neighborhood Market since that is the closest store. Well, ok, Homeland is closer, but they are guaranteed more expensive 'cause they are/cater to a bunch of snooty bastards.
So, about $30 later, we come home from the NM and begin the cleaning of the coffee maker and the mixing of the waffle batter.
The cleaning is still going on, but the waffles turned out fabulous. I am surprised at how good the cheap pancake mix turned out to be. I am amazed, every once in a while, at exactly how good the no-name stuff can be.
So, now, the feasting is done, and soon we will have coffe, and later we will have margaritas of the frozen kind. We plan to invite Dr. Nick, and Tinker, and maybe even the Young'un (an associate of Luigi's that we like, but we're not really crazy about his friends) to come over for enchiladas and chips & queso and more frozen margaritas... I am so very glad that I don't have to work on Monday...