Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Irritation

I heard today that the republicans didn't get enough votes to pass the amendment banning gay marriage. I'm so glad. Honestly, now, what are they afraid of? That people might be happy? The idea that gay marriage will cause the "institution of marriage" to disintegrate is silly. What is the current divorce rate? It reads as a percentage, yes? Do you really think that the percentage will grow that much? And something else -- I betcha that gay couples don't produce multiple children that they didn't plan for and can't care for. Think about that one.


********

The other day on my way to work, I made the left turn to get onto the on ramp, and a red taurus, I think, got on behind me. We get up to speed, and I pass the blue truck in front of me, and I notice that the red taurus follows. I look again in a few moments, to see the red taurus swerve wildly, almost hitting the blue truck full in the side.
And I thought, "Are you on drugs?" Because it wasn't like the almost clipped the front of the truck with the rear of the car; no, no, they were still fully beside the truck. So you see the source of my irritation, confusion and amusement. They swerved a little more, a little while later, after they had gone past me. And of course, I didn't have the cell phone or I so would have called the police on their ass.