Friday, August 20, 2004

poetry and rage

Life is just a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.
-- anonymous quote from someone else's blog.

but I like it.




"Loneliness is worse"
was once said by a friend.
I agreed, but now I find
it is inapplicable.

Being alone is not
the same as loneliness.

Solitude is solidity,
and my life stands on its own.


again, I like it.
this person is 17, I think, and I am already jealous of her life. But I am jealous of a great many people, so it loses intensity and meaning after a while.


But I have to tell you this story:
I used to be jealous of Brittany Spears, in a horrible way.
Now I just hate her.
when I heard that song she wrote about "she's so pretty, she's a star, but she cries cries cries all the time..." blah blah blah "then why do these tears come at night?"
when I heard that, my jealousy transformed into white hot seething rage of molten steel. I almost wrecked my car when I realized what those lyrics were.
because all I can think is :bitch, if it sucks so fucking bad to be the hottest thing since i don't know who and make more money than trump right now and have half of the male population drool over you and 95% of the teenageish female population idolize you then FUCKING QUIT.

I have to go now before I melt the computer with my mind.