Wednesday, August 25, 2004

free enterprise

there was one day I was talking with my old boss (back when I was Utility and had the time/excuse to stand around and chat with him) and he brought up a point that I still think about.
Stay with me, I'm not sure how well I can express this thought set.

1) Assume that prostitution is legal.
2) Wouldn't this then open the way for a new set of small, woman-owned businesses -- since the woman would no longer need a pimp or any kind of go-between, other than advertising; and is now, in herself, a business?
3) Would this mean that a woman could then apply for a small-business loan, to set up said business?
4) Why shouldn't a woman be able to provide sexual services in exchange for money -- a woman's body is her own; shouldn't she be able to use it as she sees fit?


etc, etc, etc...

you get the point.

Think about this for a while.

Why is prostitution illegal?

Why should it not be legal?

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves. I'm sure I'll bring this up again.